Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is CE4I necessary?
A PAC is a way for us to be heard. Through a PAC we can raise money and leverage our credibility to help legislators fund infrastructure initiatives. This PAC will be used to support bills and write bills to make sure our taxes are invested to improve infrastructure. CE4I will work to back candidates that make infrastructure investment a top priority.
Civil engineers need to be leading the public dialogue.
- Who can (should) join CE4I?
In order to join as a Director, you must meet the following minimum requirements
- Be a licensed professional civil engineer in good standing at the time of their election and for the duration of their term of service.
- Provide a contribution to the organization in the form of $500 cash per year of service or an equivalent service as determined by the existing Board of Directors at the time of the prospective board member’s election.
- Board of Director candidates must be elected by two-thirds of the existing board.
- What are the goals and objectives for CE4I?
We believe that prioritizing infrastructure is dependent on an informed public, a motivated legislature, and leadership from the engineering profession.
The goal of this organization is to promote policies, legislation and government officials that support infrastructure investment and projects.